Sunday, January 8, 2012

3 More days till INDIA!

  It is absolutely crazy to think I found Omprakash one year ago and started connecting with CULP and creating my grant application for volunteering abroad. What started out as a side project which I never imagined would come to fruition, is ending up to be the biggest event of my young life. After being accepted and all of the investigating, planning, vaccines, packing etc...I am finally ready to go. It seems so surreal that on Thursday I'll be landing in New Delhi, India.
  I will never be able to express my gratitude for the immense support from my friends and family. I spent tonight at my sister Amy's surrounded by loved ones, given goodbye gifts, well-wishes, prayers, blessings and of course, eating, drinking, laughing followed by more laughing. I feel truly blessed to have this opportunity to travel and for the network of people around me who have been so supportive.

  The best is yet to come, once I arrive at my destination and begin photographing, taking video and experiencing all that India has to offer.

Thanks, as always, for the support
Sara

1 comment: