Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Engaged!!

To myself, of course.
On my last adventure to Ghana, I had about 30 marriage proposals. After being flattered by the first couple, it just became a nusiance. There is a certain amount of attention you draw as a blonde, American when traveling abroad. My good friend Amit suggested on this trip, I buy a wedding ring. I face another challenge being in a conservative country with a sleeve tattoo, and as I am very concerned with respect, both giving it and being worthy of receiving it, I am going to do whatever I can to avoid unwanted attention. However, I am pretty excited to buy a crappy, cheap wedding ring and pretend to be married. His name is Ronald, a pharmacist with a mustache and love of fine wine.

In other news I officially purchased my flights! I will be leaving Minneapolis on January 10th and departing Delhi on June 7th. My vaccination consult is coming up on October 25th and I am about 99% sure I have to get Rabies shots...emphasis on the plural...3 shots in all. The reason being, that in Jaipur the favored deity is Hanuman, a monkey god, meaning there is a prevelance of temples filled with monkeys who are very "friendly" towards people. I'll be sure to get back to you with the exact number of shots I need after the consult!


No comments:

Post a Comment